- Demonstrating commitment to improving the environmental performance of UK companies
- Enhancing company image and promote achievements
- Exposure in the market place nationally and internationally
- Recognition in Europe as an environmental champion for the UK
- Exploiting the competitive advantage associated with greener products, services and activities
How UK companies can enter for a European Business Award for the Environment
The RSA runs an accreditation scheme for environmental awards in the UK, and are tasked with selecting the entrants for the EBAE awards. UK Award winners are carefully considered by a panel of experts and the best are put forward for the EBAEs, meaning that the companies that get through are the cream of the crop in terms of UK environmental innovation.
To enter the Awards and reap the potential benefits, your organisation must have:
- Made significant environmental improvements within the work place or to business activities through changes to management policies, products or processes.
- Won a UK National Award from one of the accredited award schemes. Click here for the list of accredited schemes.
These awards have been identified by the RSA Environmental Awards Forum as schemes that attract high quality entries, comply with the Forum’s criteria for accreditation and match the themes of the European Business Awards.
Organisations that are eligible for entry to the EBAE will be automatically identified and considered for entry by their feeder scheme. A final short list is prepared with assistance from an independent review panel established with the help of the RSA Awards Forum.
If you haven’t won a UK National Award from the above list, you may still be able to enter in the future: Contact the most appropriate feeder scheme for your project for details on how to enter their awards. If you are successful then you may subsequently be considered for entry to the European Business Awards for the Environment - but you have to win a UK feeder award first.
For more information on how to enter into the European Business Awards for the Environment, take a look at the Guidance Document.
LowCVP Low Carbon Champions announced The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) presented special awards on...
LowCVP celebrates 10 years of cutting carbon The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) celebrated its 10th anniversary...
GSB Awards: Deadline approaching - be an award winning business in 2013 Enter the Guardian Sustainable Business Awards and have your innovative...
LAST CALL FOR LIVING WETLANDS AWARD The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)...
THE VIBES 2012 WINNERS ARE REVEALED PETER LEDERER AND NINE SCOTTISH BUSINESSES RECEIVE AWARDS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL...